This is a challenge for all ages and abilities! All you need to do is think of an activity based around the numbers 26 or 2.6 that suits your skills and complete it on or from Sunday 26 April.
This could be something as simple as pledging to run 2.6 miles as your daily exercise to doing 26 minutes of yoga, or juggling for 26 minutes (or maybe just 2.6 minutes) non-stop. We've got loads more ideas if you keep reading on...
Don’t worry if you’re not able to get out your house or flat for now – you can do your 2.6 challenge anywhere inside too!
There are no rules, apart from the Government guidelines on how to exercise safely during this time. Whatever you can do, you can be a part of it – the main thing is to get active, have fun and pledge whatever you can to eliminate human deaths from rabies by 2030.
How you'll help eliminate rabies
Once you've chosen your 2.6 challenge (there's ideas and inspiration below) we're asking you to either donate £26 to Mission Rabies by visiting this page, or to set up your own fundraising page and ask your friends, family and work colleagues to contribute.
Your donations and fundraising will be securely managed by JustGiving and sent to us quickly and safely. Once we receive it, the magic can begin...
Right now, in the midst of global lockdowns, our teams are providing vital emergency response to suspected rabid dogs. This work is more important now than ever before. Alongside this, we are rescuing animals we find so that no animal goes forgotten in these challenging times.
How to get involved
Getting involved couldn't be easier... simply follow these four easy steps:
- Choose what you're going to do - there's inspiration below
- If you're going to fundraise for us, visit JustGiving to set up your page
- Complete your challenge while asking your friends, family and colleagues to donate, or donate yourself by clicking here
- Spread the word! Get others involved and ask them to support Mission Rabies
Ideas for 2.6 challenges
The main thing to remember is that you should have fun! Every challenge should be personal to you and put a smile on your face (or maybe some sweat on your brow).
Here's some ideas of things you could do for your 2.6 challenge:
- Link the 2.6 to a distance challenge: can you run 2.6 miles every day for the week, or walk in unusual shoes maybe. Just remember to follow government advice on social distancing.
- How about doing something wacky for 26 minutes (either once or every day) - maybe exercise, maybe flipping pancakes!
- Do something (remotely) with 26 friends... jump on Zoom or FaceTime and complete a 2.6 challenge with friends and family - could you run a 'pub quiz' and ask for contributions?
- 26 times... what? Is there something that you could do 26 times (maybe on 26 occasions during the week - that would be 676 times in total!)? Laps of the garden, hops, push-ups? Maybe even acts of kindness.
Whatever you choose to do, please remember to follow all the current advice on social distancing. Along with this, HAVE FUN! You'll be doing something amazing for animals in need so do it with a smile and shout about it to everyone you know.
You can find out more, and get in touch with our fundraising team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org