Have you been considering volunteering on one of our vaccination campaigns, helping to support the fight against rabies? We've been asking our teams and volunteers the best reasons to get involved to help inspire you to do the same! Take a look at our top ten below!
Our current opportunities can be found here, so what are you waiting for?
1. It’s the BEST way to see a country – engage with the local communities and delve into the everyday lives of the locals. Running through gardens, down every street, you’ll be skipping the tourist parts to get a true authentic experience of the host country.
2. Have an adventure like no other! By volunteering with us, you’ll be able to use your skills to make a real difference, whilst exploring a new country and culture!
3. You’ll get to know the locals, working side by side with them. Learn the language, swap stories, compare cultures and learn more about their community and culture.
4. Get fit! Running around vaccinating is tiring work, but you’ll have super toned muscles after climbing hills in Malawi or weaving your way through a maze of Indian streets.
5. Meet people from all over the world. You’ll be teaming up with international volunteers from every corner of the globe in different stages of their careers, all working together to protect local communities. Vet students can pick the brains of vets at the end of their careers, or meet vets at the peak of their fields and non-vets can share their stories and find out more about animal welfare.
6. Amazing stories to bring home – better than lying on a beach! You’ll come back with minds full of interesting tales, that dog you fell in love with or the mother who couldn’t thank you enough for helping protect her children.
7. Making a real difference in the places you are working.Your time volunteering with us really will be saving lives by working on an international public health programme.
8. A positive boost! Volunteering is a great boost for yourself! By seeing the impact your time and effort is having, you’ll come home refreshed and motivated to tackle your goals.
9. Take time out of your day-to-day life and experience something brand new, challenge yourself and step out of your comfort zone with the support of a like-minded team around you.
10. If you keep waiting for the right time to do something like this, it will never come. Take the leap and you won’t regret it!
Inspired to join us? Click here to volunteer!